Converted Schoolbus

Tubby

I saw a converted schoolbus the other day that a friend of a friend had made. My buddy dropped by and invited me to go down to this man's garage and see it. I was impressed! He had a wood burning stove that he had put in for winter, a kitchen stove, a storage closet but he hadn't found a way to do a bathroom. That's the only thing he didn't have in the bus. He hadn't figured out a way to do it yet, but he was thinking about it. It should make a right nice hunting camper when he's done.

That sounds like an awesome conversion! I have always wanted to see the inside of a converted bus, up close. I am curious to see how he goes about making a bathroom, in the bus. Maybe one of those portable bathroom devices?

FreeWilly

I've never heard of a school bus turned into a blind for hunting. He can sit on the toilet while lining up a shot on a buck. :p I'm just joking with you. It does sound pretty neat. If the dear don't come to him, he can drive to them. :)

Soldat

Saw allot of converted buses at all the Woodstock reunions I've been too. I've always wanted to do a straight up camper bus. I saw a charter type bus owned by a bunch of woodworkers from a commune in Vermont. They even made an upstairs. The whole inside was carved wood. Some awesome work. A spiral staircase hand carved. Goes to show what can be done. I'd like to get one of the short buses to do up but afraid that people would think I had to ride the short bus to school. lol Some day I wish I could do all the projects that are in my head.

danny28

I’d say it will make a nice hunting camp when he is done. It would make a nice “man cave” too where guys can come and play cards and drink some beer. He needs a bathroom though- maybe he will need to get a porta-john in the area.

rockin

Heck who needs a bathroom? Just use the great outdoors. Remember to dig a hole first and then bury the hole back up.

It sounds pretty cool to me. I wish I had an old bus so I could do the same.

outwest

I met someone this week who had either adopted or fostered ten kids and they bought an old white school bus to tote everyone around in. I would be concerned though, buses do not normally have seat belts. When you convert it do you need to add them in?

thymas

I’d say it will make a nice hunting camp when he is done. It would make a nice “man cave” too where guys can come and play cards and drink some beer. He needs a bathroom though- maybe he will need to get a porta-john in the area.
I love the idea of a converted school bus for a man cave. Would be great for bachelor parties and power nights.

Morgan

A school bus is not the best bus to convert into a camping truck but it works. I haven't seen one personally but I did see some videos from YouTube. I wonder how much they spend on converting the school bus.

grand

That is a great idea that has been in my mind for some time, but am not thinking of a school bus, but rather a real bus which is bigger. It can have more than one bedroom...

Traveler

That is a great idea that has been in my mind for some time, but am not thinking of a school bus, but rather a real bus which is bigger. It can have more than one bedroom...
Like the bus in the Meet The Fockers movie. I love to have that kind of bus but I'm sure that it costs more than I can afford. Riding or sleeping in that kind of bus would be the nearest fulfillment of that dream to owning that bus.