Too muddy

rockin

We went to go out riding last weekend but our yard and woods was too muddy! I hate it when the ground is too wet, you can easily put ruts in the yard then. We've had a lot of rain lately!

danny28

I hate it too.... I'm landlocked so I have to haul our ATVs to where we ride. They don't care if we rut up their land so it's better when its muddy!

rockin

I've been to ATV parks and they don't care if it's muddy. You are right, it's a ton of fun when it's muddy out and you can ride. You leave clean and you come home Mud from head to toe. I'm just not into putting ruts into my own yard.

Fox38

Rockin - that sounds like my kind of ride. I can remember last year when my hubby and daughter went for a ride (at our makeshift campsite) and they came back covered in mud. He thought it would be easy to drive through a 3 foot deep mud hole - they got stuck!

den's wife

Yeah, I agree it's fun as long as it's somewhere else. We've had so much rain, everything is a huge mud hole. You can't even drive slowly without creating ruts and gouges.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Rockin - that sounds like my kind of ride.
You bet your ass! I love the mud. The best ride ever is when the 4X4 is blowing mud everywhere. I have mud on my truck that is years old. I don't wash it, I just ride again.

ppine

Forester
Sometimes its wet, sometimes its dry, sometimes its hot and sometimes its cold. Nature is what it is. Our challenge as outdoors people is to adapt and overcome challenging conditions.

Last edited:

Gondor

Depends on what you're up to. If you want to do a romantic hike than forget about it. But if you're like me, the more rugged the terrain the better I feel conquering! :)

craig

I agree with most of the guys here. Mud is just like rain and the rain is just like snow. So if you like snow you must love the mud as well. A little quirky logic I admit but isn't it a challenge to get down and dirty on the trail?