Zipper Bags

Chris

I won't mention brands because everyone has their favorite, but does everyone take extras when they go hiking? We do for various reasons. If it starts to rain, we can put our cameras in them. If we have inorganic trash, we can put that in them. If we find interesting rocks and we are allowed to, we put them in the bags. Sometimes we even wet a cloth in cold stream water and put it in a bag for later. They are certainly handy little inventions!

failghe

Yes I try to have some extra on hand for shells we find at the beach, they are great to keep loose change in, as you said for cell phone, wallet when it rains to stay dry, small trash bags, ect. I even use them to keep some food in. LOL

Buster

I love zipper bags. Don't skimp, though. Buy name brand ones, especially if you are going to put things like cell phones or cameras in them. If I am going boating and using bags to protect things I do not want to lose, I stuff the bags with floats. The bags don't necesarily stay afloat forever, but they stay close enough to the surface long enough to be retrieved.

kernow

I love zipper bags. Don't skimp, though. Buy name brand ones, especially if you are going to put things like cell phones or cameras in them. If I am going boating and using bags to protect things I do not want to lose, I stuff the bags with floats. The bags don't necessarily stay afloat forever, but they stay close enough to the surface long enough to be retrieved.
In UK there is no need to buy branded ones our supermarkets do their own brand ones and they are excellent. I use the Tesco ones and they are very strong and reliable.

Abbey

You are fortunate, Kernow. Living here in the States I have to agree with Buster and the no skimp philosophy. I would be hard pressed to trust my cell phone or a wallet to the store brands that we have here.

justontime

Of the store own brand ones, I have only tried the Tesco ones, they are excellent, every bit as good as the branded ones. I agree that zipper bags are very useful when walking or camping.