Travel Towels?

Barney

I usually use microfiber light towels for these purposes. I'm interested are you the same or do you prefer more fluffier counterparts? Also, what brands do you use? I use MicroNet and Sea To Summit.

Johnny

Microfiber towels are great because they are lightweight but I don't like the feel of them on the skin. That is why I'm very picky when it comes to microfiber.

Grandpa

I have two micro towels, one large msr and one small coghlans. Coghlans much cheaper and can't tell the difference quality wise. Depends on the trip which one I take.

Malarkey

Yeah you can definitely tell the difference between quality microfiber towels and cheaper counterparts. I used many over the years and I have no problem with them.

IndianaHiker

I have the MSR towel. It is nice but over priced. Have seen many on automotive sections that are just as soft at less then half the price.

hippieP

Those are the best, we ended up getting a few smaller microfiber towels for things around the house but I have never thought of keeping them for the trips we take. I might need to re-think my battle plan when it comes to this. I swear each time I log in here I am learning something new.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
I have the MSR towel. It is nice but over priced. Have seen many on automotive sections that are just as soft at less then half the price.
Thats what the AT hikers over on WhiteBlaze said; "I just bought some car cloths at walmart - they work as good or better than the fancy camp cloths, and much cheaper".

craig

Thats what the AT hikers over on WhiteBlaze said; "I just bought some car cloths at walmart - they work as good or better than the fancy camp cloths, and much cheaper".
That is what is all about. Finding stuff that works best, not high-priced branded stuff at all costs, which I admit sometimes are hard to resist. But you need to stay strong and open minded. :)

charley

I have a cpl of these I have been using for years, as well as the old bandana.

DThewanderer

This reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, "Never Travel Without Your Towel!" I find you can never use too many good microfiber towels. I keep as many around as possible.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I use G.I. towels. They're not huge but they are compactible. They are olive drab so you can't use them as signal flags. But they do the job.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Wet wipes! I thought towels were for drying. Of course, I carry wet wipes also. They're great in the field

Last edited: