Glock Knives

Greatoutdoors

My husband mentioned once or twice that he would like to get one of the knives put out by Glock. Does anyone have one of them? If so do you like it? I was thinking it might make a nice Father's day gift for him.

back2nature

I wasn't aware of Glock making knives. I thought they were a gun manufacturer and didn't realize they made other things, too. Of course, I'm not a big knife buff so that's probably why.

beemerphill

I do not have one, but have checked them out. They are well-made field knives, and priced fairly. I would not want to use one as a hunting knife, because it has little belly for field dressing and skinning. They are thick enough to use for light prying, and general field tasks. Think a sharpened bayonet. If you only had one knife with you, it would work for almost everything, but would not be really good in any one field. It would be an ideal knife to keep in the truck, or tossed in a little emergency pack.
It would make an excellent gift. It is the kind of knife that is handy to have around in most situations.

:tinysmile_grin_t::tinysmile_grin_t:

eyebp

Senator
It depends on what he will be using it for. Its more of a fighting knife and not really good for much else. Except maybe digging a hole or prying as mentioned.

Greatoutdoors

Thanks guys! I think I am going to go ahead and order him one. I was really just thinking of it as more of a nice to have around knife rather than having a specific purpose in mind for it. The kids are giving him a Leatherman Wave for Father's day (since their mom forgot to buy it for Christmas). :)

dinosaur

troublemaker
Of course he'll be happy. It comes from someone he cares about and it's a pretty knife.

Personally I think Glock should stick to making those little girly 9mm pistols all the inner-city gangsters seem to carry.