Any camping gear on your Christmas list?

SweetiePie

It's that time of year again, so is their any camping or hiking gear that you would love to find under your Christmas tree? I would love a new pair of hiking boots and some wool socks.

calanta

So far only a new blanket to keep with us since ours is getting pretty ratty looking. I am sure someone in the house will have a last minute "Oh I forgot I need" or "I want", it happens every year!

hippieP

Sleeping bags for the kids, they are growing too fast to keep up with. I swear it feels like we just shopped for this stuff about six months ago too.

HikerJoe

I've asked my mum and dad for a pony. My friend, Jimothy , has one and we plan on dressing them up and entering a dog and pony show.

Tubby

:D I have told my family, if they want to give me something, give me gas cards so I can get to the places I hike or camp. That would help tremendously!

jason

fear no beer
No camping, but I have something for my kayak. Doubt I will get it though. The wife said she already bought me something, and it is over the limit on both sides of the family.

Mark Schumacher

The deadwood stove... gotta have one. Looks very interesting and would be a cool hunting camp piece. Anyone here have one?

Other than that, a Leer cap for my new Ford f150 is in the works already.

Ho, Ho, Ho....

Grandpa

Plenty of it on the giving side. Can't say here in case the kids have started tuning in.

omegapd

This is my second year being a Den Leader in my kid's Scout Pack. I was very unprepared last year for camping trips, etc. I grew up in South Florida where it never got cold and "assumed" I could camp up here in Georgia the same way. Big mistake.

So, this year I've already splurged on a good sleeping bag, good pair of boots, thermal underwear and socks, etc. In essence, I've already bought my own Christmas gifts. ;-)

But, I've asked the family to pick up a few things for me and to try and make it a surprise. We'll see what they come up with. A new one man tent, for when I go off on Boy Scout Leader trips for training, is on the radar.

wvbreamfisherman

Looking at a lightweight sleeping bag, and possibly a Kindle, since they've got down to $78. Buying some things for my best friends- but not really camping gear, just outdoors-related.

Newanderthal

I never put gear on my list. Actually, I tell people NOT to buy me gear. I could point to the one item I want, list it, even provide links... in the end, they always know better and order some bulky piece of junk off QVC that's not worth the packaging.

DylanT

Looks like The Sportsmans Guide are having a Black Friday sale and have discount coupons too.

Last edited: