Bacon wrapped potatoes and onions

GPER

for the wife's birthday I smoked her a brisket under a bacon blanket. I also wrapped bacon around potatoes and vadalia onions. It was some great eating, anyway I bet the potatoes and onions could be wrapped in foil and cooked in the fire.

greengrass

Yum! Anything with bacon is alright by me. LOL I have never made potatoes wrapped with bacon but I did fry hot dogs wrapped with bacon once. Talk about good! The kids loved them!

DunandAway

Oh my that looks delicious! I would have loved something like that. I'll have to try this. I love vidalia onions with the very center scooped out and filled with butter and wrapped in foil. I then put them in the oven at home and cook until tender. Salt and pepper them and eat-yum!

campclose

The bacon wrapped taters look great, not sure what the other pile is on the plate (probably would not eat it though, very picky). How long did you cook them? Did the potatoes and foil have a lot of grease on them from the bacon?

GPER

I didn't use any foil on the bacon wrapped potatoes and vadalia onions. I cook them 2-3 hours or until the bacon is done.

jason

fear no beer
Yeah, that sounds great. Too good in fact. I might add some cheese in it somehow to make it even better.

Luvoutdoors

That sounds really good. I have cooked the onions in the oven like that with butter but never with bacon...might have to give that a try this weekend.

oldmangunner

Wow, wonderful pics. Just looking at them is making my mouth water. I love bacon! It is one of my favorite foods. I will try this one for sure.

Itchy_Ivy

OMG... This is a dream come true. I never thought of wrapping a potato in bacon even though I love to eat baked potatoes with bacon. I agree with the person that talks about adding cheese. I have never had the vidalia onion like this, but I will definitely give it it a try. Thanks for the great idea.

GPER

I'll stick them in the smoker at 250 for about 3 hours. Then you slice it open like a regulat baked potato add butter, cheese, and sour cream.