Bass Pro Shop

rockin

I bought a gift card for my nephew today - Bass Pro Shop. I've never been in one of these stores but I heard they are great. Do you like the Bass Pro Shop stores? Are they reasonable in price?

Lamebeaver

I prever Sportsmans Warehouse or Gander Mountain. My experience is that PBS prices are a little higher, but it all depends on what's on sale.

Grandpa

For the big stores, I prefer Sportsmans Warehouse as well. We just got a Dick's and they are high unless you have a coupon. I've only been in BPS and Gander Mt a couple of times when we are in Denver. I saw a few bargains in BPS but I think they were having their Grand Opening. I think all the big stores stay about the same unless they have a sale on. That's what I wait for.

wvbreamfisherman

We have Gander mtn. and Dicks here in Charleston, WV. I've been to BPS and enjoyed it, but my personal favorite outdoor place is Cabelas. They're not all that cheap, but you can wander around for hours just looking at stuff. On the really bright side, they are building a Cabelas in Charleston so I won't have to go far for a fix...

Grandpa

We have Gander mtn. and Dicks here in Charleston, WV. I've been to BPS and enjoyed it, but my personal favorite outdoor place is Cabelas. They're not all that cheap, but you can wander around for hours just looking at stuff. On the really bright side, they are building a Cabelas in Charleston so I won't have to go far for a fix...
For wandering, no doubt Cabelas is the best. And they have a good selection as well. But as you said, pricey.

FreeWilly

I've been in Gander Mountain, and it didn't compare to the Bass Pro Shops I was in before. This store is set up beautifuly and is truly for the outdoors person. Don't get me wrong, they are all good stores, but I just loved the experience at Bass Pro Shops though.

Lamebeaver

I just bought a bow for my son. GM wanted $150. Pro bass had it for $129 but they were out of stock. Cabela's had it for $109 with free shipping.

The reality is, I do a lot of shopping online. I'll go to a store and pick it up if they have a local location, and it makes sense for little things like lures, but I buy based on price, and sometimes service, not any particular loyalty to a certain store.

jason

fear no beer
I love to visit BPS. They are all a little different, but you can count on a fish tank, and some stuffed animals. When I go to the one in Orlando with my friend, we have been known to spend a few hours out front playing checkers. It is also great to browse, and some of the workers are pretty knowledgeable. Talked to one guy there last time for about an hour about smoking ribs and other food along with smoker designs. I've found some stuff there, I have not seen in some of the stores local like Sports Authority or Dick's.

That all being said, they can be pricey. If you want to buy something, I often check online prices. Like lamebeaver, I shop online mostly. I like to read reviews and check around for prices.

southerngal

I have only been to Bass Pro once and it was really nice, but there prices do seem to be kind of high compared to similar stores.

Grandpa

I bought a gift card for my nephew today - Bass Pro Shop. I've never been in one of these stores but I heard they are great. Do you like the Bass Pro Shop stores? Are they reasonable in price?
Thats a great gift. I'm sure he will get as much mileage out of it as he can.

Fox38

I am not fond of Bass Pro Shop either, I find them very high in price. I think Dick's is just as high though but they do have a lot of online coupons. I'm sure he will like it regardless - it's free stuff to him.