Best rates to rent?

looey

We have a few local places that let is rent in the summer around my area and I am wondering what decent rates are. This is something new that we are going to try once it gets a little warmer so start throwing me out some good ideas folks.

jason

fear no beer
The place I take the wife to is $40 for the day. They give you everything you need, a map and even a bottle of water. Although on a hot day you should still bring your own. There are cheaper places, and more expensive ones. But I like the people there, always friendly and helpful.

Now once we get the wife her own kayak, we will be set. No more rentals! Although some of the more popular places that you launch from have a dock fee. Some will even bring you back, for a charge of course.

waverider365

For me, if it comes out significantly cheaper than staying in a hotel for the same amount of time plus has all the amenities I need then I just have to look at if I can afford it and its worth it for me to spend that money.

In Michigan I think most places are around 40. I also canoe in Canada and rental is cheeper. I have my own boat and some of the Canoe liveries will spot your car. That is move it down the river for about $40. if you have your own boat. We often camp along the river in national forest. So a weekend trip is around $50. I've now found a couple of places where we camp and do a day tip about 3.5 hours on the water but the river loops and the hike back to the car is about 3 miles.