Bike accident

danny28

:( There was a 14 year old boy who was killed a couple of days ago in my town. He and 3 friends were riding their bikes down a hill. They actually stopped and were on the side of the road. Some crazy lady was driving too fast and slammed into 1 boy. He died about 3 hours later. It's a terrible tragedy!

Drivers need to watch out for bikers too!

DragonAge

That is terrible. I hope the lady stopped and tried to help. I have never had a speeding ticket and I am proud to say so. Why speed, I don't need to be in a hurry, especially to die or kill.

grand

That is too sad. If the bikers had stopped and are on the side of the road, then something was wrong with the car driver who slammed into the boy. I hope the other boys are okay. Such incidents can cause a terrible trauma for the young guys.

MountainMan22

That's horrible. Sadly I've heard many stories and news of people getting hit walking or riding. People just need to be more careful and stop being in a hurry to go no where so much. My heart goes out to the families in these situations.

Grandpa

Terribly sad story but a lesson for all drivers. It is instinctive, when the eye focus's on a specific object, the hands will take the tool (car) to that object unless care is given to prevent it.

I've seen it time and again where the black skid marks go right to the edge of the road or the center of the road to hit the deer when there was room to pass the animal without swerving. There are also too many cases like this one where someone saw, then subconsiously steered directly to a parked vehicle or person on the side of the road. That is why so many states have passed laws to move a lane away from emergency vehicles etc.