Bringing critters home

campclose

Have you ever got home from camping (wooded area not campground) and realized that you had brought something back with you? I kid you not when we went camping last year at the State Park about 2 hours away from our place we had a creature ride back with us. It scared the crap out of me, we were unloading the back of the truck and a chipmunk jumped out of the wheel well and ran off. I bet he was scared – not sure why he did not jump out when we were stopped somewhere along the way. Has this ever happened to you?

tentmom

Wow, that is really funny. I don’t think we have ever brought anything home with us. If we did I’m sure it jumped off before our place. I bet the little bugger was scared and did not dare to jump off. This reminds me of a story ~ my friends hubby was driving to work and he thought he saw a cat jump from his truck. He was about 20 miles from home, when he got home their car was missing. Somehow the cat must have gotten inside the truck (wheel well or somewhere) and jumped out. Man we looked and looked for months for that cat and it never did show up again! It was super sad!

BTBoop

The closes we ever came to something like that was when I was a kid. Daddy thought he had ran over a rabbit and picked it up and put it in the back of the car. The thing woke up on the way home and was going nuts. Now that did scare me half to death.

GPER

I had 5 baby racoons ride home with me on top of my gas tank in my CJ. I was eating dinner and kept hearing them and my Jeep was parked in front of the house. I looked out wondering where the noise was coming from when I saw a head peek out from the tire.

the wife and I loaded them into a dog cage and took them back to the Job. Luckily the job wasn't too far from home.