Childs play area

outwest

We are thinking of setting one up since we have enough land to play with, maybe looking for something that is also fun but productive too. Give the kids a little workout when they need to burn off some energy. Anyone aware of a place that would allow you to design your own jungle gym?

ChadTower

Yeah, you really can do it the super simple way like a big pile of sand. Kids don't need a huge elaborate structure to play hard. They just need something safe and a little different than their day to day life.

outwest

I totally do not want to deal with sand fleas, and that kind of worries me. Right now we have a good estimate for 1/3rd of the yard and plan to do it within the next few months (weather pending of course).

Sophia

With all that land you say you have, do you really need to ask? I would look into setting up some type of obstacle course and if you have trees, make use of some old tires. Nothing is more fun than a good old-fashioned tire swing!

DThewanderer

We have a play area set up. At first we started with wood chips for the ground, but later we switched to rubber chips. I like it a lot better with the rubber chips and it seems like it is much safer.

Ilovelife

What is that rubber stuff made of anyway. I thought it was recycled tires, but then someone said that would not be safes so it must be anything else.

KeikoOka

They actually are recycled from old cleaned rubber tires. The parts of the tires that would be dirty or dangerous are disposed of and the rest melted down to make the shreds. It is pretty good stuff.