Chocolate Bananas

HikerChick

Got this one from a friend in the UK! It sounds dirty but tastes so good :p

Take a banana (don't peel it!) and cut a slit on the "inside" of it's curve from just below the stem to about a half inch from the bottom. Break a Hershey's bar into squares and pack the sqaures into the slit (the more you pack, the chocolatey-er and messier it gets!)

Wrap the still unpeeled banana and chocolate in foil paper, and place in the embers at the edge of the campfire. Leave long enough to heat the banana and melt the chocolate (about 4 minutes) then CAREFULLY remove and let cool. Grab a spoon, carefully unwrap the foil, peel back the banana peel away from the slit, and bon apetit!

NatureLover

This recipe sounds like one that would make an absolutely delicious treat. I have always made only smores as a treat over the fire. I have written down a note so that I might remember this next time I build a fire, which shouldn't be long from now. I wonder how many calories are in this? ;)

Trekker

I do believe that when you add chocolate to something it makes all the calories go away. :)
Then I should be eating a lot more chocolate! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t I have actually had this recipe before and it is delicious! As much as I love smores, we've replaced them with this in my family because they're cheaper and they encourage the kids to eat bananas! Yay fruit!

fiddleman

I don't eat a lot of bananas, or a lot of chocolate for that matter, but this sounds like something my wife would like. I'm going to pass it on to her because I she likes anything chocolate. Thanks.

Taggart

That sounds like a very decadent dessert for the campfire, and as long as you don't mangle the bananas, the rest of the requirements are extremely easy to pack.

Actually, bruising the bananas may not be a terrible thing either.

Walking Man

You can also add mini marshmallows and walnuts or pecans with the chocolate bar or chocolate chips. You can also use caramel or butterscotch chips. It is sooo good. The banana is just soft enough to scoop up and the rest of the stuff isn't too bad either.

HikerChick

I was worried that the warm bananas would make my stomach turn when I first smelled them cooking, but I was pleasantly surprised when I had a bite! The chocolate totally fixes everything - but now I'll have to try the other ideas Walking Man posted!