early to rise

campfan

I have not camped in years. Our family with our two kid went camping for the first time last year. I woke up early with the loud chatter of a chipmunk,
climbed our of our family tent and remembered the smells and sound of good outdoor camping...Can't wait till this summer to do it again.

twinsmommy

I am not an early riser at home, I like to sleep. But I do find that when we are out camping, especially in a tent, that I am up early. I attribute it to the sun beating down with no curtains to keep out the light and we usually only have a fan in the tent, so it starts to get warm in there. Once I am uncomfortable I am up.

dashboardc33

I am usually an early riser, however I usually just lay in bed until my husband wakes up. If I do wake up early and get up to go to the bathroom or something my husband will wake up. I usually try to be quiet, but it doesn't always happen. A nice quiet walk by myself or a kayak ride sounds like it would be nice.

TroyS

I usually wake up early in the morning, perhaps being a habit with me still working and stuff. I'd wake up like around 5 or 6 in the morning and then go around for a bit. And then go back to sleep like two hours later and then really get up around 10ish.

campfan

I have not camped in years. Our family with our two kid went camping for the first time last year. I woke up early with the loud chatter of a chipmunk,
climbed our of our family tent and remembered the smells and sound of good outdoor camping...Can't wait till this summer to do it again.

Pack it in...Pack it out

briansnat

Platnium Member
I'm usually the last to bed and the first up. In the morning I will take a short hike, or go fishing, or simply make a cup of tea and find a nice spot to sit and read.

carmen

I really wish I could sleep in and I hope this is just an age stage or something. I could not even sleep in for Mother's Day this year and everyone in the house was disturbed when they caught me awake.

twinsmommy

I really wish I could sleep in and I hope this is just an age stage or something. I could not even sleep in for Mother's Day this year and everyone in the house was disturbed when they caught me awake.
I sleep a lot less these days than I used to also, but I still don't like to get up in the mornings. I will lay there and try to go back to sleep before I drag my behind out of bed while it is still dark.