First Time in a Cave

Rookie

This week was my first time ever into a cave and it was incredible. I have never been so scared and so excited and so exhilarated all at the same time. I had never imagined such beauty below ground. How have I lived this long without knowing?

What was your thought your first time? Is it as exciting after a while, or does it get old?

Betty

I went to Mammoth Cave once when I was a teenager as part of a family vacation. I was fine with it all until the bat zoomed me.....haven't been in one since.

Thelosthiker

My first time in a cave was in cave canyon. It was incredible and I was really scared because all of the movies like the descent were getting into my head, but there were like 15 people with me, haaha. My first time I went into that cave I had the maglite flashlight, the non LED one's and it sucked big time! So since then I have been collecting flashlights. LOVE FENIX lights!!!
It never gets old!! unless you go to the same place everyday, but maybe that's just me.
Rookie: where did you go?

Frederico

No, I've never been into a cave ! I've never even realised it before reading your post. Your enthusiasm (all 3 of the posts above) have now made this an ambition. I'm sure that Maine has caves - I shall have to research that. I do know that my native Peru has caves which i shall target when I next go home.