Fish oil?

franklin

This is kind of related to my previous post about getting sick of fish. Anyone here taking fish oil pills to keep those fishy vitamins swimming in their veins all the time?

LindaLou

Yes, I have been taking them for a while now and so do a lot of other people that I know. Not sure if I can tell a big difference or not but they are suppose to have some good health benefits.

sailorman

I take them, but the truth is that the over the counter dose isn't really enough to make a difference. You can go to the doctor and get fish oil prescribed in higher doses so you don't have to take 20 huge fish pills a day.

indoorwife

I take two 500mg per day that I get through GNC. I always get the coated because the others one burst too soon and I'm burping fish oil for hours. Gross.

perchbutt

perchbutt
Yep, a big fattie. It seems to help w/ the stiff joints and dry skin. I do notice a difference when I run out, mine have borage in them too, but the real reason for getting that particular variety is that I fancy consuming some form of pretty blue flowers every day.

SweetSassyLady

I take them as well. I have a problem with my cholesterol and the doc recommended that I take them to help with raising the good cholesterol. I'm not a big fan of the kind of fish they say you need to eat (salmon, tuna and the sort), so I take the pills. I also take them before bedtime so I don't have to deal with the "fish oil burps".

Tubby

Yuck, fish oil burps! Yeah, I take them too. I've heard they helped the cholesterol and I eat badly enough that I thought it wouldn't hurt to take them. I actually do see a difference in my joints when I'm on them.

grand

I am not keen on taking them, but since you mentioned here that they help the joints and increase the good cholesterol level, I will think about it.

calanta

Most of the home remedy sites that I visit speak heavy about fish oil anything from studies about Alzheimer's to cancer. Now I am not sure it works but I really do not see any harm in it.