Fishing from a bridge

fiddleman

There's a local bridge that I like to fish from whenever I get the chance. It's peaceful there, with very little traffic. Sometimes you'll get another local fisherman that stops by to drop a line and chat. I like taking a boat out but in a pinch bridge fishing is great.

Paige

I used to when I was a kid. We lived near a bridge and the water was deep underneath. We fished a lot during the summer during summer break. We lived out in the country so we did a lot of hiking to each other's houses through the woods. We also did a lot of frog gigging and had frog legs all the time.

Taggart

I've seen some signs on bridges in my area lately saying that fishing isn't allowed from the bridge. I assume there are some safety issues.

But if there's no sign, and it's in season, I'd expect that it's allowed, right? I'm not aware of municipal laws against it.

fiddleman

Taggart, the bridge I frequent is way out in the middle of nowhere so even if there was a sign I might take the chance because rarely do you see anyone else. But yea, I'd think the reason for it being posted is due to safety.

Hikker_Jim

I'm more of a boat fishing guy myself. I like to be in the middle of a lake or the ocean. I find fishing off a jetty or bridge can get too busy and the lines tend to tangle amongst other fisherman.

atula

I love to see people fishing on a bridge although I havn't done that myslef. Once I had gone to Goa and saw so many people doing that as a noght time activity. Some locals even stopped over after work to catch a fish from the bridge and take home for dinner!

fiddleman

Night is a great time to fish from a bridge, that is if you can find one that's safe to fish from in the dark. I have done this a few times when there's a full moon. It's so quiet and you'll hear owls, and other wildlife in the distance.

rodney482

Except for some small bridges I have not really fished from them. HOwever, I have fished near them from a boat and have had good luck.'

As far as the night fishing from a bridge, I've been told they are attracked to the light.