How long was your last hike?

DThewanderer

My last hike was at a place in Ohio Called Great Seal. It was a pretty good walk about 7 miles and pretty nice hill to climb with a steep grade. What was your last hike?

campclose

My last hike was last weekend and it was out back. I would say I hiked up the hill about 4 miles and then back down again. I love hiking in my own woods.

IndianaHiker

Twin Loops trail in the Hoosier National forest. Was with 12 or 13 depending on who you believe. Websites says one thing signs say another.

Grandpa

Due to the snowpack, we couldn't follow our planned itinerary last week, so we did 3 basecamps and with day hikes, maybe 40-45 miles, most in the 9000-11000 ft range and some of those miles on snow.

Grandpa

Hiking in snow now that is a workout.
Actually, it was pretty easy, except around the edges. It was still cold enough at night to leave the snow set up tight until in the afternoons. Around the edges, anything dark like a rock poking through would draw heat and melt a cavity. Step into one of those and you could go clear through, or worse, break a leg.

whitewater

I did about 5 miles on a mixed use trail. Half of it goes through some wetlands and the other half goes through a rails to trails path.

John13np

Did about a short 7 or 8 mile hike in the Huachucas here in AZ.

Hiking in deep snow is a work out. How deep was your snow and where are you that there is still an amount of snow in late July!?

Grandpa

Did about a short 7 or 8 mile hike in the Huachucas here in AZ.

Hiking in deep snow is a work out. How deep was your snow and where are you that there is still an amount of snow in late July!?
Hard to say how deep the snow was. Winter snow packs in tight. Early in the day, we would hardly leave prints and afternoon, less than 2inches of depth. We were in the Wind Rivers in Wyoming but it is the same in all the Northern High Country. I posted an album of the trip.

canyontony

last hike

My last hike was two weeks ago, myself, my son, my brother and his grandson climbed Twilight Peak in the San Juans in Colorado. Six miles in, camp at treeline, summit the mnt, camp and then hike six mile back out. Great weather even if there was still snow in July.

switchback

I did a hike called the Riprap Loop in Shenandoah N.P. back in June. Really nice hike with a variety of scenery and an ice cold swimming hole about halfway in. The entire loop was just over 8 miles.

dinosaur

troublemaker
The last hike I took was only about two miles but it took almost two hours, no paths, had to negotiate a swamp and then get around a ridge at the edge of the swamp. I really enjoyed it.

Kenser321

My last long hike was at Ricketts Glen in Red Rock Pennsylvania. I took the three main trails that take you past 23 waterfalls. Its about 7 miles. My fiances first and only hike she about killed me. Haven't had her out hiking since. Otherwise my most recent was a Meadowsweet Preserve in Waverly PA the green trail takes you out to Lackawanna State Park.