How lucky were theses guys?

Rain

Wow, I can't believe that the diving company didn't do a headcount or something. These guys are right, they could have very easily died. Lucky indeed.

JimBob

I actually live in this area and I didn't even hear this story. This is almost the same thing that happened in a movie called, Open Water, that was based on a true story, only they didn't survive in that one. There is another one called, Reef, that was based on a true story in Austrailia where I think 5 people died. Thankfully, the people in this story had luck on their side.

grand

They were lucky that there was a yacht passing through the area and that they were spotted by the passengers of the yacht before the sharks did. They should sue the diving company for leaving them in the open sea.

CatsEye

They didn't count heads before they started back to shore? Wow, that's basic as far as I'm concerned, but then I guess I'm too used to having Boy Scouts out and about. You ALWAYS count heads when you go anywhere. Maybe they should start assigning "buddies" when they go out like we do. They kids have to have their buddies before we go from place to place.