How many?

Greenjack

How many coffee's do you drink a day during your camping or trekking trip? Do you drink it so much as you usually do at home, or do you drink more?

TribalP

I am not a big fan of coffee. I usually drink a coffee every morning though. Don't get me wrong, I do it just to get the health benefits.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I loves me a cup 'O Joe! I usually have a travel mug-full in the morning, maybe 2 if I drank too much beer the night before :tinysmile_grin_t:

I often make a cup of instant when I hike too, especially if it's rainy or chilly out. It's nice to have something warm on the trail.

Usually though, whether at home or out in the bush I just have the travle mug-full and that's pretty good for the day.

peanut

I always worry that if I drink a lot of coffee when I am away from a bathroom that I will need to go 100 times within an hour. I don't drink a lot of coffee anyway and when camping/hiking I don't drink any.

nomad

I only drink a cup in the morning to wake me up. Camping is usually tiresome and it is hard to wake up in the morning without a coffee. I won't need additional coffee when the sun is up already.

Bruen

I'm a coffee achiever, but I do think I drink a little less while camping. I enjoy the morning ritual of making coffee over the fire but after that I usually switch to water. I can't stand the taste of instant though.

TribalP

Yeah, I prefer to drink water also. We need it more than we need coffee during the camping trip which sometimes takes much energy and makes us dehydrated.

hikingprincess

I drink much less coffee when I am out on the trail. I have 1 travel mug full in the morning when I wake up and that is about it. I also have a fear of having to pee 100 times with no bathroom in site!

HappyFeet

No coffee for me, I drink hot chocolate. Sometimes I feel sleepy in the middle of the day when I drink coffee after waking up. This is why I prefer drinking hot chocolate.

jeddah

I'm not a coffee lover so I don't drink it. I absolutely hate it when it stains my teeth. I prefer drinking a glass of hot milk in the morning.

faye

I drink coffee in the morning and that's the only time I consume it daily. It's something to keep me awake and start my day because I sometimes sleep late at night.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I always bring coffee with me. It's a pick me up in the morning. I also go out and dig chicory root. This I roast at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes I then grind it up and add it to my coffee. It makes it taste so much netter, adds caffeine, and stretches the cofee out on my trip. I roast it in a dutch oven over a camp fire. I then break it up with a rock and a frying pan.