How much ammunition do you keep?

Greatoutdoors

Not sure I agree with you on not being too worried about it right now Lamebeaver. If you wait until something happens you have waited too long and things seem to be deteriorating pretty quickly from my POV. Dragonage I would suggest well over 500 rounds if you are only talking about one caliber for one gun. If you are talking about 500 rounds of different calibers for different guns that's a little different.

Grandpa

Not a lot of ammo here. Usually enough for another hunting season or two. I don't figure on getting into any shooting wars and If things get real bad, the game will be gone before the ammo.

Lamebeaver

Maybe you should also invest in reloading equipment. Don't forget to buy some flintlocks, and archery equipment, so you aren't dependant on manufactured ammo after the world industrial infrastructure collapses.

Paranoia gets expensive, doesn't it?

Greatoutdoors

Considering ammo is getting a bit scarce around these parts I am glad we have a fair amount put back. I would love to get into re-loading we just don't really have the room to set it up.

Grandpa

Considering ammo is getting a bit scarce around these parts I am glad we have a fair amount put back. I would love to get into re-loading we just don't really have the room to set it up.
A very good friend and neighbor is building a man cave in his machine shed. He indicated he was going to set up a full reloading bench. So I jumped in with contributions on the equipment he didn't have yet. We will be able to punch out a lot of ammo when all is complete. I all ready have a good shot shell system from the old trap shooting days. It could keep up with my habit of shooting 500-1000 targets a week.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I'm not going to tell you how many rounds of ammunition I have on hand. It might make me look paranoid.