Hunting for Meat or for Fun?

Bambi

Hunting for "fun" makes no sense to my brain. The thought of stalking and killing for fun just sends a big shiver down my spine.

Jade

There is no "sport" in hunting, only food. If you aren't eating your kill, you are being selfish and have taken a life for nothing more than the pleasure it gave you to do so.

I don't approve of "sport" or trophy hunting, I never have, I was raised to believe that to kill and waste meat was an offense against Mother Nature.

Erwin

I find hunting vary fun to do and really enjoy the time outdoors. I also eat what I hunt as not to waste it so I actually do both hunt and have fun!

dinosaur

troublemaker
Bambi, hunting is fun. That's why they call the quarry "game". And it's not called "killing". It's hunting. There are no guarantees. Once you've spotted the "game", the hunt is over. What you decides to do at this point is entirely up to you.

jacob321

I strictly hunt for the sport of it and what ever I kill I make sure it goes to good use.

Last edited:

jacob321

I strictly hunt for the meat of the animal. I could never hunt for fun and kill a defenseless animal 100 yards away just for the heck if it.

Crossbow for sale

Last edited:

Stevealb

Steve Albers
I have to agree with Lorax. I hunt because I love being in the outdoors, enjoying what our Lord has put here for our use and the total experience of the hunt. I never feel great about killing an animal, however I do understand the process and love eating what I have harvested. I let way more animals go than I shoot, and only take what I'm going to use.
Steve Albers

jacob321

I hunt for both. I love hunting with my crossbow, but meat for dinner of my family is a plus after hunting :)

Sophia

I don't have a problem with fishing for food. I don't enjoy eating the meat from hunted warm-blooded animals, though. I am not even vegetarian or anything like that, but it's just the thought of the hunt that turns my stomach.

Dougdad

archeryaddict
Hunting is a good clean, fun sport that is a God given right and a privilege as far as I am conserned. If you do not understand that hunting is what controls population of game species, then you don't understand hunting. The fun is not the actual harvest, it is the sucess of the overall process, it's not easy by any means to harvest a deer for example, it is rather a very dificult challenge and meeting that challenge take's allot of hard work and cunning, this is the part that is fun. Do not forget Bambi and Saphi, it is not just humans that hunt and harvest game animals for consumption, it's part of the life cycle of all living creatures on earth, we as humans are only a part of that life cycle. And to be honest, it is no different than raising a cow and killing it to feed the family, the only difference is we take from the wild instead of demestic. Just remember this, every time you belly up to the table to eat, that the piece of meat your about to eat was a living creature at some point and someone had to kill it. That does not mean they had fun doing it. If you do not hunt you will never quite understand, and if you do start and you feel some sadness or guilt about the harvest, along with some pride and excitement then that means you are an ethical hunter, you care about the animals and nature. In the 40 years I have been hunting I have found very few hunters out there that do not appriciate nature and the animals for what they are, and very few really truely enjoy the kill as you would say. I have never seen a hunter yet that likes to see an animal suffer, that is way you here us talk about a quick, clean kill, that is what we strive for, for the animals sake. That is called respect!!

dhoyle

I don't have a problem with fishing for food. I don't enjoy eating the meat from hunted warm-blooded animals, though. I am not even vegetarian or anything like that, but it's just the thought of the hunt that turns my stomach.
So you have someone else kill a beef, lamb, or pig for you so you can keep your hand clean, and complain about hunter. How do you plan to survive if everything falls apart and you can't run to the store.

BTBoop

I don't eat deer and that is really the only thing they hunt around here. I think my mom ruined me on it because I don't like the taste. So now my husband doesn't really go hunting anymore but when he does we give the meat to a friend or family member who needs it and can't hunt for themselves.

BCBabe

I get angry at the thought of 'useless slaughter'. We were raised to believe that was a sin!

There is no sport in trophy hunting, in my opinion, that's killing for selfish pride and not need, and an offense to Mother Nature.

If you shoot it, you'd better it eat....