I think I'm addicted to knives

ppine

Forester
Dura,

You are a senior member in life. Good observations. My brother does metal work for a living and swears by Benchmade out of OR. Skill in using them is what it is all about.

timo5150

Lol, Well I don't know that I am so much an addict as just a big user :). Am I in denial?
I always carry at least 2 knives when I am in the wilderness and sometimes 3 but its more because I carry 1 big one for shelter building, chopping wood etc. Then I also carry a smaller knife for detailed work because it is hard to carve or skin with a large knife. Besides if I dull or break one I can continue to finish my work and repair the knife later. So what do you think am I an addict in denial or just using common sense? Oh lets see I own 14 knives.
Timo

ppine

Forester
Dura,

I like your philosophy about knives and a lot of other things. The only people that get lost on the way to my house are the ones that use a GPS. Being in the outdoors should reward people for their skill and experience, not how much they spent for tricked out equipment.

oldsarge

Being in the outdoors should reward people for their skill and experience, not how much they spent for tricked out equipment.
Well said! When will people realized that tricked out equipment only supplement's our skills it doesn't develop them.

Can you imagine the first time some guy came up to another with a compass, then explained what it did. I'm sure he didn't immediately rely on this new technology and run off in the wilderness only to be found a week later saying "The compass said to go this way"!