In tent air conditioner

GPER

I was in Gander Mountain today getting me a pair of hiking shoes and saw this.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried one of these???????

Trailer

On a humid summer day, that would just leave all of your gear damp and clinging. Personally I don't think it's a good idea, I certainly wouldn't spend my money on it.

Chilly

Wow, they'll think of anything and turn it out for a profit won't they. I don't sleep in a tent to recreate the home environment. I sleep in a tent to get away from city life-I wouldn't want to bring these things with me.

Refrigerator

I have never Backpacked where it was so hot I needed something like this.

I have been where it's hot during the day down along a river or stream but having water was no problem to stay cool.

IndianaHiker

I have been where the temps in the night stayed in the 90s and it was not comfortable. However I am not sure that added more humidity to the air here in Indiana is what I want to do. Already humid enough here. Besides that thins sound more like a mister than an AC unit and everything int he tent would be drenched.

ChadTower

Might be useful in an arid area, I suppose. If you had the water to spare. Otherwise like said above you'd just be filling your tent with condensation and making it really uncomfortable.

Barney

To me this is a little too much to carry while camping. A little discomfort is not unusual on the road so this is a no no.

Qweetzy

Gee whiz. Why didn't I think of that. You know there are going to be a lot of people who buy something like this. I don't usually go camping or hiking when it's so hot that I can't stand it and it would take quite a bit of heat to do that.

Drewglynn

Wow lol , might as well get a 100 dollar window unit at Wally and zip the door of the tent around it...

Chilly

It really wouldn't make a whole lot of difference to the temperature in a tent, and would be a huge amount to carry around. I don't see the value in buying one of these.

Bud

I would not put "tent" and "air conditioner" together on a matching test. I wonder how many they will sell, though.

Chilly

I'm sure there are plenty of people that will buy them. I once had to carry a battery powered, full sized fan back for my brother in law so he could sleep with white noise in a tent. I still don't understand why he couldn't just use an MP3.

ChadTower

I'm sure there are plenty of people that will buy them. I once had to carry a battery powered, full sized fan back for my brother in law so he could sleep with white noise in a tent. I still don't understand why he couldn't just use an MP3.

See that's the sort of thing I'd tell someone "you want it, you carry it".

CozInCowtown

I remember a movie a few years ago, can't remember the name, but they were in the jungle and had portable tent A/Cs.
Congo was the movie.
Never seen one in real life.
DC