Kahtoola Micro Spikes

Frederico

I'm looking for some strap-on spikes for walking in light snow - the Kahtoola ones seem to get a lot of great reviews and the price is tantalizingly low. Does anybody have them - or can recommend another model ?

Lorax

I don't have a pair (I get YakTrax Pro's from work) but I've seen many in use by friends. If I didn't get mine for free, I would gladly get the Kahtoolas.

They are good to go.

Betty

I have a pair of YakTrax and I love them. I have not heard of the others. I use mine because I like to run on the bike path to stay in shape.

Frederico

Thanks guys - great responses and advice. Steves - if you could report back that would be great. Lorax and Betty - I shall research YakTrax, thanks for the heads up. Refrigerator - Kahtoola's are definitely on my short list

I'll let you all know.

Lorax

I think from what I've seen, the Kahtoolas are a little better and heavier duty than the YakTrax.

steves

Just put the Micro Spikes on the trail, 4 thumbs up!!
There were a few others hiking with different types and all had problems that I and the others with Kahtoolas did not, I got to enjoy the scenery rather than watching my every step. Just by looking at them I thought it would be like walking on marbles with the loose chain design, not the case at all. After the 1st 10-15 minutes I was so comfortable with my footing that it was like hiking on a dry trail.
All this while on a packed icy trail that just got a fresh inch of powder overnight, I won't leave home without them!! In fact I am buying another pair as loaners so I wont have to be so concerned about others in my party and we all can enjoy the trip more.

Refrigerator

Good going steves. I remember my first experience and it sounds like yours.
They are the best on the market for what they are designed to do. I like hearing positive stories from people using gear that works well and above there expectations. Thanks for sharing.