Meeting People

BTBoop

I remember camping once and meeting this really interesting couple. I have always been skiddish when it came to meeting complete strangers out in the woods or even on a campground. I was glad I met them since she has been my best friend for the last ten years. Do you meet people like this when you are out camping?

Chilly

I have met people in the past, but we never really kept in touch. I exchanged letters with camping friends once or twice, but that was as well as it lasted.

steves

I met my 2 favorite hiking partners on the trails, met them both on separate trips now the 3 of us try to get out for a few weekends every year. All 3 of us are from different states so it has brought us all to new areas.

Refrigerator

Exactly Steves...I have found new ground with many friends and have a bond with them for a lifetime. We all different in so many ways but come together with ONE common ground....We love Backpacking.

Barney

Exactly! As always, the best way to meet friends is to search them by their interests and on this forum that means on the trail. :)

Benny

It is kind of cool meeting people this way, because they share like interests, obviously. I have made several good friends through the years.

Lorax

I've met over 100 people on the various backpacking and paddling forums. made some lifelong friends by doing so. It's always been a pleasure and a really great experience.

Group trips are a lot of fun.

oldsarge

I've run into more folks while Geocaching than I can recall. For the most part they have been some real positive encounters, but there's always a few wing nuts in the bunch here and there. I guess that's what makes life interesting