Motorized Bicycles

AlphaMale

I was in a larger town yesterday and I saw a couple of guys who had motorized bicycles! I haven't seen those in years. One was the kind you had to pedal a couple of times and then it would go. The other just started from standing still. I may have to get one of these for my kids.

Susie

These types of bicycles are popular in hilly and mountainous regions. As people in these area focus on fitness and gas economy, they found more people would bike it if there was a small motor to help.

Gabbie

I have seen these but it has been years. I think they are neat for those who are trying to save on gas and can use these for work, etc. Not much protection in the rain, but guess you could use your vehicle on those days.

Fox38

I'm seen them too but I would not get them for my kids. I think kids should have regular bikes - the kind you peddle. We had them as kids, they should too.

Tubby

That sounds cool. I've seen them but it's been a really long time. I never actually thought of these. They would be wonderful if you only had a short commute to work. Good idea.

SweetSassyLady

I've heard of them but I've never seen one. I would love to have one. I could go to the store on one of them. It's a bit to far for me to bike comfortably but if I had just a bit of help, I could make it on one.

LovingNature

I have seen these too but not for a long time. I guess they would be good if you wanted to use them instead of a car to go somewhere. I don't know that I would want one for my young kids though. It does seem like it takes the 'exercise' factor out of riding a bicycle though.