Pop-Up Tents

state_camper

Setting up our tent is always a fairly frustrating ordeal for us, so we've started looking into pop-up tents. Does anyone have one of these? Is the setup really as quick and easy as they say it is? One website selling these tents claimed you could set the tent up in something like 3 or 5 seconds. I mean, really?!

bsmit212

I have never "used" one, but got one from a garage sale for my bro for xmas this year. The set up was 3 or 5 seconds and really easy. Just take off the strap, let go and it is up. That part was awsome...... Then it came time to put it away. I am sure it would get better once you got use to it, but it took me like 30-45 mins and internet research/video to put the tend up.

DThewanderer

I saw one on a TV show once and wanted one right away. Then I started wondering about the durability of it and moved on. I have never actually seen on in any of my local stores. I figured they were more of an infomercial type thing.

georgia_outdoors

We bought a pop-up tent and we like it. Yes, it really does set itself up almost instantaneously. As bsmit212 pointed out, though, it's much harder to fold the tent up for storage once you're done with it. If you buy a pop-up tent, I would recommend you buy one from a company/website with how-to videos, because they're pretty much impossible to fold up otherwise, lol.

Lamebeaver

But how will you ever be able to "look back and laugh" at that time you and your wife or girlfriend put up a tent in the pouring rain, if you get a tent you can setup in 15 seconds.

What's the fun in that?

ejdixon

Just got a pop up tent from my brother-in-law and sister last Christmas. Haven't been able to try it out yet. Gonna try this weekend to set it up here in our flat. Will let you know how it goes.

Miley

I have never used a pop up tent, and I would probably end up poking my eyeballs out. My cousin had a little pop up play tent for her kids. I could not even fold the small tent up, to move it down the hall. I would probably just get mad at a bigger one, and leave it at the campsite, with a free sign on it! :)

ChadTower

If you consider setting up a tent to be frustrating then you would absolutely hate trying to fold one of these up.

brookdai

http://www.urbestjerseys.com/

Kyle Orton Doubtful For Chiefs-Jets Game

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Kyle Orton shed the cast on his right index finger this week, but was limited in practice and is listed as "Doubtful" for Sunday's game against the
Orton was listed as doubtful on the Chiefs’ injury report Friday with a finger injury. He hurt it on his only pass as a Chief on Sunday at Chicago. Orton was limited in practice all week. Tyler Palko will start again for the Chiefs for the fourth consecutive game.

Orton was claimed off waivers Nov. 23 from He didn’t play in his first game and was injured after just one play during the second. He now has, at most, three games to impress the Kansas City Chiefs brass. He will be a free agent at the end of the season and Kansas City is paying him $2.5 million for the final six games of his contract.

We were hoping Orton would be available, even with a small set of plays, but it looks like that's not the case. We probably should've seen this coming after he was limited the first two days of practice and, according to reports, wasn't doing much throwing at practice.

If Orton is unable to play, and that appears to be the case this week, the starting assignment goes to journeyman Tyler Palko, who completed 17-of-30 pass attempts and had his first last Sunday. Since replacing the injury Matt Cassel, Palko has completed nearly 63 percent of his pass attempts for 601 yards with the one touchdown and seven turnovers, including six interceptions.

brookdai

McCoy, Samuel out for Eagles

LeSean McCoy, the NFC's leading rusher, and cornerback Asante Samuel are inactive for the Philadelphia Eagles against Washington on Sunday.

McCoy, who has an ankle injury, finishes the season with 1,309 yards rushing and a team-record 20 touchdowns, including 17 rushing. Samuel misses his second straight game with a hamstring injury.

There were a lot of questions asked last week about whether LeSean McCoy was going to play today against the given that the Eagles can't make the playoffs, and McCoy sprained an ankle Christmas Eve against the Cowboys.

McCoy was resolute that he owed it to his teammates to play. Eagles coach Andy Reid assured reporters, even as he was listing McCoy as "questionable" Friday, that McCoy probably would play.

The (7-8) are seeking their fourth straight win, but were eliminated from playoff contention last week. The last-place Redskins (5-10) have lost nine of 11.

McCoy, who leads the with 17 rushing touchdowns, fully practiced Friday for the first time this week and was listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

Along with McCoy, Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel is inactive with a hamstring injury.

brookdai

Saints win over Panthers 45-17
Drew Brees passed for 389 yards and five touchdowns, and the New Orleans Saints set a slew of NFL and club records in a 45-17 blowout of the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

The New Orleans Saints showed against the Panthers on Sunday that they can contain an explosive offense and, as we already know, can score a bundle of points.

Drew Brees had yet another amazing day as the Saints steamrolled the division rival Panthers.

The NFL single-season records set by the (13-3), who head into the playoffs on an eight-game winning streak, included offensive yards with 7,474, team yards passing with 5,347 and first downs with 416.

Brees, who was 28 of 35, finished with a record 468 completions this season, breaking Peyton Manning's 2010 mark of 450. He finished the season completing 71.6 percent of his passes, breaking his own 2009 record 70.6 completion ?percentage.

Tight end Jimmy Graham had 97 yards receiving, finishing with an NFL record 1,310 for a tight end.

The finished the season at 6-10.

UAE_Camp

I do not have the normal pop-up tent, but I have one for toilet & shower... First time use, it amazing, just release it from the the cover and it stands just in seconds... but it takes 15 minutes to fold it, hahaha... now it is very easy, I can fold it in just less than one minute...

I am considering to buy the pop-up tent for my camping, but still thinking about its strength, we have a lot of strong wind when camping in the desert here...