pop up vs. trailer?

Seven

Which do you prefer if camping with them? I have always preferred to camp in a trailer. Pop Ups to me are just a vary strange concept.

tentmom

I don't think they are strange, they are compact and a step up from a tent. I love tent camping but I don't mind pop-ups either. Pop-ups are much better price wise too.

I don't like those big RV's where you have everything.

Trailer

I agree that the RV isn't camping. I guess it comes down to horses for courses-with kids it's hard to go with less. We don't do electronics, but we do need to keep them comfortable enough that they don't complain about camping with us.

Lorax

The pop ups tow and back up easier because you can see over them. They take just a few minutes to set up. The wind doesn't affect them as much when towing.

Grandpa

With gas prices? No contest. Even the truck will stay home this summer. She'll just have to make do with what we can cram in my old beater car.

Betty

Pop ups are pretty nimble and light weight. I think one serious advantage to a trailer is that you can extend your camping season some just because they stand up so well to the weather.

Sarah

I like pop-ups because they aren't that expensive and are easy to set-up. I like being off the ground. Trailers are great also, but there is more wind-resistance and gas mileage is not so great with them.

Benny

The pop-ups are alright, because they are easy to take along. But there are some that are harder to set up than others - that's probably the only bad thing.

DThewanderer

Pop ups are pretty easy to take with you and easier to pull and back up. My partner hates towing anything and backing, but she has practiced and does not mind to back up the pop up now.

guns4570

If you check prices, pop ups are not cheep. When I was look to replace my very old travel trailer I looked at pop ups that cost more than a good used travel trailer. If you live in the North west they are a real pain. With all the wet weather we have, you have to have a warehouse to dry out the canvas or it will mildew and rot.