Privacy

OpenAir

How do you maintain a decent amount of privacy when you are camping, when you are all sleeping under the same piece of cloth? Especially when it's a one room tent.

SQuirrel

Changing inside a sleepingbag is a little difficult but it works. Often times I have taken turns when changing in the morning. If you have a remote campsite, sometimes I just change outside behind a tree.

Oh and the other thing, just get over it. Unless there is a really creepy guy in your tent, a little flash of pink bits while changing isn't going to hurt anyone.

campgirl

Great question. When we used to camp in tents we made the little ones go out while we changed. We also used the bathrooms of the campsites to shower and change. There is a way to get privacy.

grand

I always bring a malongwith me whenever we go out camping. It is handy as a blanket and as a "dressing room" to ensure privacy when changing.

southerngal

What is a malong? At first I thought it read I bring a man along with me LOL. I have never been overly shy about my body so I don't usually worry about it.

Newanderthal

tell everyone to "look here" and they'll instantly ignore you. likewise, if you want someone to look at something, say "don't look" and you'll have their attention.

joking, but it usually works that way.

OpenAir

I know what you mean. Yeah I know, get over it would be nice, but when we are out with other families it is a little more awkward. Don't want my friend's spouse seeing me ya know?

carolyn

We camp with people we have been friends with for years and I'm sure veryone has seen something they probably shouldn't have at some point I just don't worry about it. We try to keep some modesty but things happen no big deal.