Reflective tree tacks

Judy Ann

Has anyone ever used reflective tree tacks when primitive camping? I'm used to my car being near me while car camping, but this time it will be a long ways off and there will be kids with me. I'm thinking that it might be the safest way to get to the car if necessary on a dark night. It has saved me a few times coming out from the stand during hunting season.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Grandpa

That's a new one on me. Never seen them before. And the birds and squirrels won't eat them like they do the bread crumbs I mark my trail with. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Judy Ann

Never heard of them but sounds like a good idea with kids and the dark.
Tree Tacks, White, Big Game, Brand Not Specified, Glow Illuminate Hunting Marker Shine Reflective at Sportsman's Guide

Good for directionally challenged individuals at night when there are no paths and you are tracking blood spots. Got some in a stocking one year after getting "temporarily confused" 20 feet from where I shot the deer and where I found it. Sat tight until the rest of the group found me!

carmen

I only know them as reflective trail tacks, so many its just called something different in your area? I have seen them but never used them, we still prefer the spook method. This way when someone gets up in the middle of the night and come back to the tent area, we spook em. :)