Reluctant Hunters

hikeorbike

Have you ever known anyone who used to be against hunting, but once they gave it a try, opened more up to it? Did you do anything to try to convince them, or did you used to be this person yourself?

JeepThrills

I haven't known anyone who was against it who suddenly started to like hunting, but I do know a few who use to go that are now against it.

back2nature

I've never seen anyone who was truly against hunting who later decided to try it. People like that tend to be ones who said they didn't like hunting, only because they were too scared or lazy to go.

love2hike

I've never met anyone like that, before. I have met some people who had no prior interest in hunting until money got tight, then they developed a serious interest in it for the money savings, but they were never AGAINST hunting to begin with.

ppine

Forester
It is tough to get non-hunters to go on a trip. I have asked several friends recently, and have come close, but got no takers.

carmen

I have within guns in general but not specific to hunting, most times its either been about having a CWL or target practice. Most people I know hunting wise are either for or against it, there is no middle ground.

Greatoutdoors

Like Carmen, I have had that experience about guns in general, but never about hunting. I think it'll be interesting to see how many people change their position on hunting if grocery prices keep going up like they have been though.

CozInCowtown

I teach Hunters Safety and have had some "Moms" come through who were not that keen on hunting but after the class they at least were more comfortable with the idea.
DC

dinosaur

troublemaker
A gun is a tool. It is no more or less than a hoe or a pitchfork. I grew up in this atmosphere. We used tools to get the things needed to eat and have shelter and get clothing.

I will admit to having a very minimalistic viewpoint of life but I am a dinosaur. I see animals as game. I fish for food, not sport. I buy things without regard for whether or not there has been "animal testing" on the product. I don't care.

I will continue to not care for the rest of my life. People are more important to me than animals. Sorry.