Slingshots

BCBabe

As a kid growing up in rural B.C., I had a slingshot: my Dad had made it for me with supplies from my Uncle's tack room. I got awfully good with it, and was soon bagging grouse (and hiding the kills from my Mother!!!).

We live in the 'burbs now, and my daughter doesn't know a great deal of the things that I did, at her age: it's not the right setting to teach her some things, and it's not always easy to provide one that is, the opportunities aren't as available as they once were.

Her Dad will make sure she can shoot, she's already adept at gun safety (she's 9). He's a retired marksman, and his .22 Remington will be hers when the time comes (and if he includes the scope, I'm going to beat him silly).

Momma wants Junior to have a slingshot.

Now, as mine was made by hand, it had idiosyncrasies to it that made sure no one else could shoot it as accurately as I did. It made sure my one brother kept his mitts off of it, too.

I'm thinking I might be wise to BUY a decent one, but for the life of me, I've no idea where I'd even look for one.

Direction, guys?

RedJasper

As a kid growing up in rural B.C., I had a slingshot: my Dad had made it for me with supplies from my Uncle's tack room. I got awfully good with it, and was soon bagging grouse (and hiding the kills from my Mother!!!).

We live in the 'burbs now, and my daughter doesn't know a great deal of the things that I did, at her age: it's not the right setting to teach her some things, and it's not always easy to provide one that is, the opportunities aren't as available as they once were.

Her Dad will make sure she can shoot, she's already adept at gun safety (she's 9). He's a retired marksman, and his .22 Remington will be hers when the time comes (and if he includes the scope, I'm going to beat him silly).

Momma wants Junior to have a slingshot.

Now, as mine was made by hand, it had idiosyncrasies to it that made sure no one else could shoot it as accurately as I did. It made sure my one brother kept his mitts off of it, too.

I'm thinking I might be wise to BUY a decent one, but for the life of me, I've no idea where I'd even look for one.

Direction, guys?
USA slingshot forum.

Last edited:

FreeWilly

I'm not sure about sling shots. If I were you I'd look into getting a wrist rocket. They are much more accurate and powerful than a sling shot I think because of the support on the wrist/forearm. That is if they still make them. I would say any local sporting goods store or just google them and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.