Snow Tires for Bicycle

RatherBRiding

What kind of tires should I put on my road bike for cold weather? We don't get much snow, but it does get really cold. Do they make cold weather bicycle tires?

CBatch

Great question and I don't know. I put the bike up when it's get too cold and the snow flies. I bet there is something out there for bikes. I'd be interested in hearing too, although I'm still not going to ride in the snow!

FireBuilder

You must be a hardy soul. As soon as the temperature drops, I put my bike away. I would guess that you would need something like BMX tires, with knobby tread.

palabratic

The Arcticllama
Depending on the bike, there are studded tires available and cables you can get... I find that as long as it is colder than 0F or so you don't really need anything special.. it's when it get's close to freezing that it becomes a problem... There are also double wide mountain tires for snow, but it doesn't sound like you need those.
be sure to regrease for cold riding.. lighter weight grease can help a lot.

Yogi

I have heard of studded bicycle tires for rugged terrain. I would imagine they would serve you well for biking in snowy conditions too.