Snowmobiles

Taggart

Does anyone here ride snowmobiles?

It's been a long time since I've been on one, but I loved them when I was a kid.

I own a piece of property that has a snowmobile trail on it. I usually get an annual letter from the snowmobile club that uses it. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

jason

fear no beer
No snow in Florida. That is a bad part of living in Florida. Yes, I'm strange and actually miss snow sometimes.

countrygal

I love snowmobiling but I haven't been for years. Unfortunately, I don't have my own machine anymore because I wouldn't be able to use it much. There really isn't anyplace to use it nearby so we'd have to get a trailer and the whole nine yards. I'm not that big of a winter buff so it wouldn't be worthwhile to buy one now.

firefly

I also live in Florida. Nope no snow. But we do have wave runners. That`s almost the same thing hehehe. I rode snowmobiles a looooong time ago when I lived in upstate New York. I also miss the snow very much.

Campergal

I live in Vermont. Of course I ride. :) There are tons of trails where I live. I do not have a snowmobile myself, but I have friends and family who do.

This past year my 4 year old son got his first ride on a snowmobile. He thought it was the greatest thing. :)

Many places around here in the winter, you can actually ride your snowmobiles right to the grocery store or nearest restaurant. It's a lot of fun.

Taggart

In some areas, the conditions aren't very predictable. Once I was staying at a resort hotel in the Parry Sound, Ontario area with the place full of snowmobilers.

Just one mild night and some rain ruined the conditions for the whole weekend. I saw dozens of people check out of the place because there was no snow on the trails after the mild spell.

But there were great conditions some years when I was living on a farm. Some people had shacks in the bush that they'd ride to and spend some time inside in front of a wood stove.

campclose

Honestly, No way! I love to ride 4-wheelers, but snowmobiles just scare me. I have ridden them before and I have been a passenger on one. I hated it each time. I'm not sure if it's the cold weather, all the clothes you have to wear to stay warm, or the speed of those things that turns me off.
My boyfriend bought me one to go ride with him. I drove it around the yard a few times and was scared. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with the group. He ended up selling it over the summer.

Penny

I love snowmobiles and I had a very expensive one a couple of years back but it had so many things wrong with it and was costing me too much. It was second hand and didn't come with a warranty so it was my own fault.

Taggart

I'm surprised to see some very old looking snowmobiles for sale on people's property.

I guess maybe some of the earlier brands were really well made and lasted all these years, because they look like they're in good shape.

campclose

Our snowmobiles are old too. We actually bought them from someone in their front yard. I have never bought a new snowmobile from a dealer.

Isn't it like that with everything? Older versions are much better. I swear things were just made better back in the day. Now a lot of things are made to break, so you have to pay more to have them fixed. Job security I say.

jeffsays

hi there.i love snowmobiling..ya i have one snowmobile and i am looking for a second snowmobile to buy.