Sunglasses and hats

grand

I always have a wide hat and my sunglasses to protect me from the sun and the glare in a canoe. Migraines are not welcome when camping.

javen

I always known that paddlers wear fiberglass-composite helmet and yes, sunglasses that are made of lenses which are water-repellent. I've never paddled before but I would like to try it one day.

jason

fear no beer
I wear a a wide hat also, but no sunglasses. At least no sunglasses yet. I am thinking up a pair however.

Illeism

I'm more the opposite of you Jason. I tend to wear sunglasses and no hat. Hats always manage to find a way off my head and into the water.

failghe

I wear both every day. My eyes are sensitive to light, even wear sunglasses on cloudy days, and the hat I feel naked without one. If paddling I use the sunglass strap so I don't lose them to the bottom of the water.

jason

fear no beer
I'm more the opposite of you Jason. I tend to wear sunglasses and no hat. Hats always manage to find a way off my head and into the water.
The one I wear out in the water is similar to this one. I'm not sure what kind of hats they are called though. But the strap helps greatly. Plus if it gets too hot, I just dip it in the water and put it back on.

Alexis

I'm with failghe - I wear sunglasses from sun up to sundown. If I didn't, I would be blinded most of the time. I usually bring a hat with me, but I don't always wear it. I do, however, like the idea of dipping it in the water for some relief from the heat.

Archer

Something that can stay on tight or has one of those ties that goes under your neck is a great idea; I'm not wishing a fall on anyone, but hey, it happens!

Reese

I have fair skin, so sun protection is a must for me or I end up looking like a lobster! Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen...I use it all!