I prefer to watch a

• Sunrise

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Sunset

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

jason

fear no beer
As I sit here, waiting for the sun to come up, I wonder, which do people tend to prefer. A sunrise, or a sunset.

EddieK47

Old Yankee
I like both.Now that I'm retired I get to see sunset year around.AND no more alarm going off at 2:45 or 3AM!!!I still get up early enough to see sunrise:) but 4:30AM is early enough!

Lamebeaver

I like them equally well.

I get to work at 7:00, and have a top floor unobstructed view of the horizon from my office window.

Equally unobstructed view to the east and west from the front and back porch.

rockytibby

I love the sunsets the best. Sunrise is to early for me, but on those rare occasions when I get to see a sunrise it is definitly a moment that takes my breath away.

HikingMike

Having always been a morning person, I prefer the stillness of a quiet morning. Having said that, I do enjoy a beautiful sunset as well.

pastywhite

Grand Poobah
I have intentionally watched a sunrise twice. Too early. I'll probably do it again in 10 years when I forget it sucks.

Jumper79

I see both since work starts at 6 AM. I think I much prefer the sunset since I am home from work and relaxing then.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Out here we don't have time to watch a sunrise. You get up, have coffee and a biscuit and go to work on the ranch. After repairing fences, fixing a gutter, training a horse in the round pen, bolting lunch, cutting hay, splitting wood for the Winter supply, putting a new shear bolt on the brush-hog, and having dinner there comes a quiet time. We call it smelling the roses. A man's got to take time to smell the roses.

Watching a sunset is just that. No two are alike and they all inspire a sense of wonder. There is something greater. It's beauty and power are unmistakable.

Judy Ann

Sunrise happens in a moment while a setting sun lingers on the horizon, both glorious in their own way.

huntergal

I am not a morning person, so I prefer to see a sunset. I must say, though, that when I'm in the woods and the sun is coming up and you can hear the woods come alive, I'm happy to be up that early. But not always. :)

Grandpa

Again, sunrise. Each morning when I wake, I check my toes and if there is no tag on them I know it will be a good day.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Good for you, Grandpa! You're one of the few people on this site I won't argue with just for the fun of doing it. Have fun and keep looking at those sunrises.

Lovefall

Sunrise - it's just beautiful. I do love a pretty sunset too. When I watch the sunrise I feel refreshed and ready for the day. When I see a sunset I feel tired and ready to settle in.

briansnat

Platnium Member
I like 'em both. Sunsets tend to be more spectacular, so for photography purposes I prefer them. I also love the early morning quiet of a sunrise and the promise of brand new day.

omegapd

Always a morning person too. I love a sunrise- I try to get out every weekend and take a hike around the house and watch the sun come up. Peaceful, quiet and serene.