Survivor Man

carolyn

Any other fans of Survival Man here? In doing a lot of our survival preparations we have watched just about all of his shows at least once. The man is definitely a bad ass when it comes to surviving with next to nothing. Shows that it can be done though!

2coastcamper

In addition to his show episodes, there's the two-hour pilot he filmed (it's what eventually got him the show). They're only on DVD, but you can also download the torrents. You should look for it. I loved it ... I think there are two of 'em. One winter and one summer.

southerngal

I'll have to check that out 2coast I love watching Survivor Man and Man vs Wild. I think Les Stroud has a far more practical approach to survival though.

Newanderthal

Les is about survival, Bear is about entertainment, but you can learn a lot from both shows.

Gondor

I just adore watching those guys, they make me feel like packing my gear and going to the wild immediately. But, Newanderthal is right about them.

Barney

I don't care if Bear is all about the entertainment, his show is awesome! I thank God that someone finally had the idea to create such a show.

oldsarge

I preferred Survivor Man over Man vs wild. I really liked the two newer shows, Dual Survival and Man Woman Wild. I have read Cody Lundin's books and he brings out some really good points. Dave Canterbury on the other hand is more like my style of survival. Maybe due to our military backgrounds and mind set.

Thelosthiker

I like both shows but i'd rather watch man vs. wild. I learn so much more on his show than survivor man. Sometimes I get bored watching survivor man...

le Metis

Any other fans of Survival Man here? In doing a lot of our survival preparations we have watched just about all of his shows at least once. The man is definitely a bad ass when it comes to surviving with next to nothing. Shows that it can be done though!

I've got a post down below called Survival in the Bush filmed in 1954...take a look...

Last edited:

outdoorlover001

i agree with you, survivorman is more realistic. bear seems to be a little showy.

Philly

I say any reality survival shows are just that, shows. The reality is different from what you will experience in the wild. If you really dare to go to places where your life might be at stake then be totally prepared.

NebraskaBorn

what some people don't realize about these shows is that these guys have years of practice at it. it looks so simple to do. Just be sure to practice everything before just going out and trying to survive.

Nebraska Born
(WildernessRaised)