Swimming In Ponds

Scotty

I have no idea why people don't like to swim in ponds. I know they kind of look nasty at this time of the year, but that's what I learned to swim in when I was a kid. We didn't have a fancy "store bought" pool to swim in so we used what we had. There are nasty germs out there though.

LindaLou

I think it is really what type of pond it is. If the water is nice and clear and it looks relatively clean, then I would probably do so. Mostly I think if it just looks like a 'stagnant' pond then it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

DragonAge

Yeah, stagnant ponds can have bacteria and other things in them that could make you sick. I suppose it depends on how well you know the pond and if it is clean.

outdoorchick

Personally, I only like water you can see through, but I have a horrific fear of snakes. We are taking our daughter to a "beach" at a local state park this weekend. I really hope the water is clear or she'll be playing with her daddy!

outwest

I do not really mind it but for me to get into a pond I need to know the area. I am not going to stop at a random place that I see on the side of the road. :)