Tubing

Benny

I used to love to go tubing in the rivers near us when I lived in upstate New York as a kid. I live near the Chattahoochee now, and I never see anyone doing it, although it would seem to be a great spot for it. Just wondering - do people just not do it anymore?

tentmom

We tube all the time in the summer. It's a blast! We also water ski, jetski and just plain swim in the lakes and rivers near me. I can remember being a kid and having my dad pull me around on a tube that was attached to the boat.

BTBoop

I went tubing once and used sun block the whole time. It was waterproof and had a great spf protection but I still cooked. The doctor actually told me I had sun poisoning.

Bud

Isn't the Chattahoochee in Tennessee? If it's where I'm thinking that it is, it could be that water snakes of some sort are an issue that people don't want to deal with there.

jason

fear no beer
The river where I used to do it, closed the starting point park. Otherwise we would have gone last year. I think the nearest spot was a few hours away, and it is hard to get a group to go now.

BCBabe

It's gotten difficult to source those tubes, it used to be that any tire shop would willingly cough up one that just needed a patching.

I asked a 2 last year, and was met with a flat out denial for same. In B.C., it's likely an environmental issue behind it!