Watching Accidents Videos?

Barney

Personally I can't stand those videos but I have friends that enjoy them. I don't know what is so interesting in seeing how someone got killed or bitten by a lion or whatever.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Every single one of us has a devil inside, a sick macabre notion of a thrill that can't be found elsewhere. It's rather like the old Roman Circus. If it is being presented as entertainment it is somehow palatable. You are removed from the action that causes the damage. "It's not my fault. I had nothing to do with it." Fifty thousand spectators go to an automibile race hoping to see a major crash. Watch a football game and the people in the stands want blood. They want to see hits. They want helmets to fly off like heads.

It's a lot different when it is up close and personal and much more sickening than anything you can imagine. Been there, done that. Don't ever want to do it again. But I would in the blink of an eye for the right reason.

April

I love watching races or football, but a video that you know the outcome is death NO! My hubby was going through a old box of stuff and came across pictures of his car accident where the car was cut open like a tin can and I couldn't even look at those!

Sasha

My husband will watch them and has no problem with it. I on the other hand have seen in person a couple accidents where someone has died on the scene and I am not one to want to see it on a video or tv.

BTBoop

I came in on my niece watching 1001 ways to die the other day and just sat down with her. They showed a Bride who was on her bachelorette party standing in the sun roof of a limo and a pigeon was flying low. The end results was it went into her mouth snapping her neck and that was the last time I will sit and watch it with her. It isn't a bad idea I suppose in some ways because it warns people of what could happen but it was gross just the same.