Waterfalls or pool?

campgirl

We went camping a couple of weekends ago and of course we went hiking. On our hike we found a waterfall. It was gorgeous and people were swimming in it. The campground also had pools and I wondered why a lot of people were not in the pools. A lot of people were in the waterfall though.

Given a choice, would you swim in the waterfalls or the pools? I let the kids get into the water at the falls. They didn’t have their suits on though.

We are planning another camping trip to the same campground. This time we know all about the waterfalls and we will swim there. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

HikerChick

Waterfalls are just more fun, I guess. I know that I would definitely choose a waterfall! I've found a couple of places where it was safe to jump off of the waterfall into the water below - and it's an amazing feeling! Pictures are more attractive at waterfalls, as well.

Katydid

I think it's really the natural element that draws people to the waterfall over the pool. I mean think about it, people have pools in their backyard, gym, or local park...but a waterfall? That's an experience!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

outdoorsy

I agree, waterfalls are just amazing. I would choose a waterfall too over a pool. I'm thinking that is why more people were in the waterfall than the pool.

I have a pool at home, but not a waterfall. Also the water is cooler in the waterfall so it's more refreshing on hot days.

rvmom

I agree, waterfalls are so beautiful. I would choose the waterfall too. Although the water might be colder than a pool. I have never swam in a waterfall but it sure sounds like fun. Well yes I have if you count man made ones at water parks.

campgirl

:tinysmile_fatgrin_t we have waterfalls right near our house in the state parks. We swim there too. The waterfalls are usually a bit colder than the pools. Of course they are muddy in spots too. I still love them. The kids loved them too. You have to watch out for the slippery moss though.