Well I'll Be! DUI Story

Qweetzy

We have been snowed in pretty much on and off all winter. That being said, getting to town sometimes has been an adventure. I live in farming country so we have a bunch of unusual vehicles and such that we rely on. Well, the other day, one good ol' boy had had enough. The only problem is he had been drinking on and off all day and was pretty lit. He went out and saddled his horse and road to town-on the road-drunk and almost falling off his horse. Of course the vehicles that could were on the road as well as the county road department throwing salt and sawdust down. The sheriff's department picked him up after they got called by someone and arrested him for DUI on a horse! They had a vet go and get the horse and transport it via horse trailer to the vet's office and his wife had to come and pick the poor thing up-the horse, not the guy. As far as I know, he's still in jail, she said she was NOT going to bail him out for being a horse's....well, you can probably figure that out. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

tentmom

Seriously? On a horse? I did not know you could not ride a horse if you were drunk. Where the heck do you live? Is this true I wonder? I would get a lawyer and fight it. I thought the vehicle had to have some kind of a motor.

BCBabe

Qweetzy, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep us updated on this one; there's some really weird laws in Canada that came to be because of things like that, and I've always wondered what it took to force the making of such laws....

I think you just explained some of it!

BigBackyard

Well it makes sense really, doesn't it? The guy was so drunk that he was disrupting other road users, and he could have caused an accident. It was bad judgement going out, and he needed to be taken off the road.

BTBoop

Well it makes sense really, doesn't it? The guy was so drunk that he was disrupting other road users, and he could have caused an accident. It was bad judgement going out, and he needed to be taken off the road.
I agree with you a hundred percent. My husband flipped his truck going to work one day trying to keep from hitting a horse that had jumped the fence.

CatsEye

I've heard of drunk driving on a lawn tractor before but not on a horse. Sheesh! He really had to be trashed to do something like that. He could have gotten himself and a bunch of other people hurt badly doing that. I'm sure at that point, the horse had more sense.