Went canoeing yesterday!

back2nature

It's been a long time since I've had the chance to canoe so it was really nice to be able to paddle down a stream near my buddy's house yesterday. He's further inland than we are so it was nice out, not rainy like at home. We just paddled down the stream for an hour or so and then back. Not super strenuous but my arms are a bit sore today from not being used to the motions anymore.

Joe S.

I have it on my list of things I want to do to get a little kayak. I want to be able to just go paddle around the lake for a couple hours at a time. There's just something really nice about "self powered" watercraft.

LoveTheWater

We went out in our kayak the other day. We go in our river near by and always have a fun time. There was another couple with us in their kayak. It was a really nice day for it.

wvbreamfisherman

We've had so much rain here that the river's been pretty high and fast for a relaxing paddle. If it's dry this weekend, I'll have either the canoe or the kayak out. I'm getting really itchy to get a paddle back in my hands!

ghostrider

Canoeing down the stream to the country store about 5 miles away is one of my favorite after supper activities. The stream doesn't have a hard current so it's not difficult to come back after and it's a relaxing way to work off the calories.

ppine

Forester
This is a great time of year for canoeing. I am planning a desert trip this Feb on the lower Colorado River with my brother. It is about a 76 mile run with lots of current but minimal rapids.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I occasionally used to put my boat in at a river launch, and would motor up to a bar at water's edge with some friends. Was a fine way to spend an afternoon. And, we also had the option of rowing...which we didn't dare try on the way back...!!