What's on your Backpack?

LUV4NATURE

I like the feedback of fellow Hikers on what to take and not take whit you on a day hike? Lest said you are going on a day's walk to a trail in a state or national park, and want to be ready for anything. Whats on your backpack? :tinysmile_hmm_t:

ChadTower

Compass, knife, multitool, water bottle, purifier tablets, two ways to make fire, extra socks, water shoes/sandals, lunch, a handful of Ziploc bags, some zip ties, waterproof map of the area if I can get it. Camera and binoculars if I feel like it.

Refrigerator

Rain Gear, Water, Food, Maybe a map or GPS, First Aid kit. A day hike to me is proly like a day hike in a city to most folks out there. I don't live in a City or a Town so my day hikes are more like normal walking time for me.

campclose

I hike a lot too so I always have a backpack all ready to go for a hike. I have a compass, flashlight, first aid kit, snacks, and some medicine. I always grab water bottles and toss them in right before I leave.

steves

1st aid/survival kit,FOOD and WATER,Stasher raincoat and pants,map and compass.
Plus whatever the season may dictate as far as clothes and gear.
And my GPS loaded with Geo caches for the area with swag bag.

Navigator

The classic "10 Essentials" is a good start, my base load is smilar though I add a "space Blanket" for emergency shelter and a whistle.
1.Map
2.Compass (optionally supplemented with a GPS receiver)
3.Sunglasses and sunscreen
4.Extra food and water (purificaton tabs!)
5.Extra clothes (ie; rain gear, socks extra insulation layers...)
6.Headlamp (outdoor)/flashlight
7.First aid kit
8.Fire starter
9.Matches
10.Knife

Benny

You just can't have enough water, for one thing. I have to admit, though, that recently I went on a short hike with a bunch of friends. We brought along beer, bread and sausages and pretended to get lost just to enjoy our goodies.

oldsarge

Basic survival items as outlined in Cody Lundins book "98.6 degrees, How to keep your ass alive", Additional items are a large quantity of water, military issue poncho, map, compass, GPS, Cell phone, para cord, first aid kit, food, multi tool, at least three knives and any comfort items I'm willing to carry. I normally over pack so I can get a decent work out with a somewhat heavy load.

Hannah

I would like to learn more, I am just starting to acquire supplies to hike and survive on my own in the woods, I am learning lots just reading posts.