Worst case scenario.

Bojib

I've read several stories here worse than mine. My experiences probably aren't really "bad" when you think about it.

Right now this is the worst one I can think of:

It was one of those trips we had taken many times before. Me and a few friends loaded down our ATVs with some camping gear, and headed deep into the hills and forest in our area. While on our way to the camp site a surprise summer thunderstorm popped up and drenched us from head to toe. There was no way to get out of the rain, so we just took our soaking.

We made it to camp and set up in the rain, which is nothing new if you camped as much as we did. Actually, setting up in daylight was a rare treat on this trip. Anyway... we got camp set up, got a large tarp put up over head, and dried up a little before heading back out to ride ATV some more. After getting our fill of the trails, and another soaking or two, we headed back to camp. We built us up a nice little fire and had some good food.

So where is the bad part? I'm getting there. It was a couple hours after we had all gone to bed, and I woke up and had to go "potty". You can't imagine the stench of setting up in a cramped tent, with a rain fly on it, windows only open a little, and I can only imagine the tarp overhead helped keep the stink in. The soaking wet feet, the BO, the stank breath from the delicious onion laden supper. It was a fog so bad that it nearly knocked me unconscious. It was so bad, that once I fought my way through it, I wound up rearranging a couple of camp chairs and sleeping outside the rest of the night.

wvbreamfisherman

Borrowed my brother's old Eureka tent for a trip to Texas. Ended up trying to set it up in a gale in my friend's backyard, since there were so many people at our get-together there wasn't enough bed space.

The tent was pretty old and the cloth of the rain fly had deteriorated and it basically exploded in the wind. Took a trip to Wal-mart and two rolls of duck tape to patch it up enough to use. Luckily the wind laid and it quit raining and only got down to 20F that night LOL.

charley

I guess the worse would be the one I sold but was never paid for, The one I lent someone but they never returned. Then there was the one the neighbors dog chewed a hole in, I patched that one. There was also our last cabin style that was different from others we had had. It was so hard to put up that we got a new one soon.