Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Yes, it is public water, the spot is open to all

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Only when he is out of town

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

jason

fear no beer
Ok, so your friend takes you to his secret spot to go fishing. It is a great spot, lots of fish.

Now here is the question. Do you go back?

Bumpkin

Sure, I'd go back, unless he specifically asked me not to. Otherwise I'd figure he was showing me so we could share :) But I certainly wouldn't tell anybody else.

Illeism

If he is a really good friend then I would not do it without asking him first. Even though it would be a public place the friendship would be worth the gesture of asking him to okay it.

brianb

Sure go back. he wouldn't have shown you otherwise. But remember it isn't yours to share with your buddies without asking him first.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
Any time we show each other those "secret" spots it is with the intention that they will use it themselves, but just the same, I always ask if they would mind me going back.

Fishing holes can be funny that way.

looey

Not without asking his permission

I think many of us are in agreement here, but for me most times I will tag along fish with my best mate and he is okay with that. For us, its just time to catch up since I am not that good with a pole in hand.

outdoorsy

What would my buddy care? He won't! He would have shown me so I can catch some great fish too. Of course I would go back and I'd ask him along too!