Your other half

TribalP

I wonder where did you meet your other half? Is there any of you met her/him in a trekking trail? I would love to hear about that if you don't mind to share.

Newanderthal

technically I met mine online. We participate in an annual writing challenge where you try to write a novel in a month (Nanowrimo.org). I was trying to get some of the local participants to all get together for a party. She helped me organize it. A year later, during our next writing challenge, we hooked up.

Before we were dating, we did go on a backpacking trip, and we also camped out under an overpass during Hurricane Ike.

faye

I met my better half online, in a free web-browser game! We dated out of town for five months and we camped twice. Even though he's of Chinese descent, we share a lot of things in common.

Luvoutdoors

I actually met my husband in the 9th grade at school we had several classes together and we have been together and inseparable ever since...over 15 years now!

jason

fear no beer
I met mine through my sister-in-law at her place of employment. Not sure if a vets office counts as wild or not.

Gracy

Knew each other for years..... he was older brother of my best friend in Jr high........... :)

Charlene

Wow, I thought I was the only online dating success story. I hate telling people we met online, but it's true. I would have never guessed in a million years I'd even date someone I met online, but to marry them is even more hilarious. I'm really old fashioned and that's why it's just so funny.

jeddah

I met my boyfriend at my cousin's wedding. I was a bridesmaid and he, a wedding guest (invited by my cousin's groom). We had our first dance together at the wedding reception then he asked for my number.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I met my wife through a mutual friend. We both kinda looked at each other at first meeting and went ..."uh, oh". Many of our dates involved the outdoors and enjoying what Ma' Nature had to offer.

A few decades later and still going strong. She shares many of the same interests as me and our birthdays are just 1 day apart. She's the only person I know that can take an unsplit log and actually get it to burn. I don;t know how the heck she does it.

The only thing we really argue about is how to hang a tarp :boxing:

OutdoorsGirl

I met my husband online but one thing that drew us together was our love for outside and the outdoors, he is way more into it than me but he is bringing me over to the other side as I learn more about it.

Wonderofwoods

I have given up for the most part on women, I picked up my "partner" at the shelter, ha ha, animal shelter that is

Greenjack

I met my better half in a local youth organization. She is smart, cute and funny yet kind and humble. I am so grateful to have her in my life.

OutdoorsGirl

Online is becoming a way to meet people, I am sure if you told someone a hundred or fifty years ago that you would be meeting people on a computer all over the world, they would probably commit you, ha ha

TribalP

Yeah, you might get what Galileo got when he insisted that it is the Sun instead of the earth which is the center of the "universe". :D