Staying comitted to camping trips

Smokey

Do you stay committed to camping trips even though the weather may not be as nice as you'd like? For me, roughing it in poor weather kind of adds to the experience. My wife says I'm strange and I think she's right. LOL

2coastcamper

I've camped in the pouring rain several times ... once I set my mind to a trip, there's not much that can stop me from going. Mostly, because it's so hard for me to get the days off from work.

Flowerchild

We certainly do. When we get it in our mind that we are going, we are going no matter what. We traveled through a really bad storm once to get to our campsite. We were dodging down tree limbs all the way there.

campgirl

Of course! Camping is great even when it's raining. There are a ton of things you can do in the rain. Of course we have campers, so it's not too bad. I'm not sure I would stay if I was a tent camper in the pouring rain.

looey

The only time we have canceled any type of trip was during a random nasty storm that turned huricane'ish in the blink of an eye. We decided a little rain isn't bad, but something that insane would be just chancing it a little too much.

Flannelshirt

If it's me and some of the guys, we'll go and tough it out and still have a great time. If it's me and the kids, I usually don't go.

Barney

When the nature is rough you have to be too, if you want to call yourself a real camper. I guess for me there is no better feeling than going into the wild. I have carried that feeling deep within since I was a child.

Newanderthal

If I plan a camping trip, I'm going camping. Storms, rain, wind, heat, cold, whatever. Even when everyone else bugs out because of the weather, I'll go at it alone. In Louisiana, if I wait for perfect weather, I'll wait forever.

Gondor

I don't care what's the weather like I go anyway, just as long as i have required equipment. But since I got married I often go with my wife and she doesn't like anything but sheer sun or she won't go at all. Spoiled brat... LOL

The Scout

As old age has been creeping up on my camping companions and I, we usually do fair season trips at a State or National Forest Campground that most often comes with a picnic table and a fair amount of Trees within the site as to tie-off sheltering tarps in case of changing weather which happens a lot in the Blue Ridge.

We can most always count on a little rain to fall at least one day or night, but have been washed-out on a couple of occasions while camping too near a stream during an unexpected savage rainstorm.

frank6160

I have went set up and camped in foul weather many times. Like several others my camping trips are sometimes limited by work/family so when I plan to go I try not to let anything stop me.

FernGully

If the rain comes down hard enough for long enough it usually ends up in a voting situation. I'm for staying, the kids are for drying out and my husband thinks I'm crazy.What smells better than a recently washed forest?

failghe

Here in Florida the forecast is almost always 50% chance of rain. So I always go when I get a chance. If it does rain it usually only for a short while. Hurricanes are a different story though.

BigBear

Well, I feel like a wimp, but a little bit of rain and we'll deal with. But, if it's raining hard or has been raining steady for a few days, we will usually reschedule.

Bradsalex

Here in Florida the forecast is almost always 50% chance of rain.
I hear that, I just moved to the Pacific Northwest and the rainy season here is from October to July, it's nuts. But we will be going regardless of the weather, unless of course the wife says that she doesn't want to take the kids in whatever weather we are having. Then I will usually agree with her.