Pets and camping

doormaverick

Every time I go camping I take my cats with me. They enjoy getting out and exploring unfamiliar surroundings. They usually eat what we eat and love it. Despite the occasional peeing on the car seat, they are pretty easy going. They are pretty nice little radar detectors for wild animals since they stop what they're doing when they sense an animal lurking in the woods.

Do you take your pets with you on trips??

boxoff

Yes I take my dog with me everytime I go. He gets a kick out of being free and doing whatever he wants. I can't stand his barking sometimes because he tends to bark at anything moving in the woods. In the end, we all have a great time.

nawza07

No because of pets this would give problem when in bring with. Most pets this will be excited when in bring to new place. If pets this lost during we camping this surely inconvenience we find its.

trek

I dont take my oets along with me for camping.It will be hard for me to look after it and also i should enjoy my camping.I am not will to waste my time look after my pet.So i will not take my pets

JohnyWalker2000

No, i don't take pets in trip because it's very hard to take care . It must to feed always . it must to be watching it all the time. In trip i want to relax not to take care of pets. It's hard ....

vidit

No i don't like to take pets with me because i was in last camping one of my friend had a pets and it was very bad expirence in my life to take pets in camping because he was bring his dog and dog was run out from the camping and we all went for finding his dog and we missed our sunrise seen so my opion i don't take pets with me.

fbird

i take my dog , always have. but it depends on the dog, my cousin has 2 dogs . one camps the other doesn't cause its not comfortable in the woods.my old dog was off leash, but it took a few years before we let him off leash with confidence. at night he was always on a leash in case a skunk comes through. now my current dog will probably never be an off leash dog. i've worked with him and the barking is to a minimum.as far as feeding, you givem a bowl of food in the morning and one in the evening and keep a water dish full.

BigT

I suppose it is largely dependant on the characteristic of the animals in question. For me taking the dogs would totally ruin my experience because they would require constant attention. That said, I know some dogs who would be perfectly fine.

SQuirrel

Animals are great companions while camping, however you will see less wildlife when theres a dog around. I would still bring my dog, but not every trip. I don't know about cat's though. I would be too worried something would happen when they went off to play. Cat's are much more independant. At least in my experience.

pavan

Camping with a dog (or dogs) can be a joyous experience for both owner and dog. Dogs discover interesting features you might otherwise overlook, and a dog is thrilled at the new smells and sites of a camp site. You will see new characteristics in your dog when you are camping with your dogs; my dogs walk a little faster, open their eyes a little wider, and raise their heads a little more high when we're out in the wilds. Unlike hiking, your dog does not have to be in the best physical shape to go camping, and you can take more supplies with you than you can when hiking.

justontime

I don't take my pets with me, my dog doesn't travel well and my cats are far too fond of their home comforts, they would hate it and it would be something extra for me to worry about.

sunny

Yeah i take my dog every time i go for trekking. He is very good in hunting rabbits. He just saves us food while packing.

henry

Pets help a lot while camping. Help in many ways like finding food, sensing danger etc...

steven

Camping with a dogs can be a joyous experience for both owner and dog. Dogs discover interesting features you might otherwise overlook, and a dog is thrilled at the new smells and sites of a camp site.

richy

Be sure to keep your dog on a leash at all times. Even if you are comfortable with letting your dog roam free, refrain from doing so when you are in unfamiliar surroundings. Any kind of distraction including other animals or loud noises can cause your dog to run away and quickly become lost.

slide

Pets are very helpful in camping, You would have known this if you have camped with your pet. They are very much helpful in sensing the dangerous etc...

tater03

The dog we have now I do take with us camping. The one I had before we couldn't because she was a barker. She would bark at anything that moved.

tater03

I could never take my cat. We have tried to have her outside with us at home on a leash and she is just not an outdoor cat at all.

justontime

Pets are very helpful in camping, You would have known this if you have camped with your pet. They are very much helpful in sensing the dangerous etc...
My dog was a sheepdog but we got her because she had to be re-homed because she was afraid of sheep. She is afraid of all sorts of things and small animals like rabbits really scare her. If I took her camping she would be a nervous wreck!

atula

I have pet rabbits and not taken them with me anywhere becasue I am scared I'll either loose them or they will be eaten!